This course contains informative reading to improve reading skills, exercise to help improve listening skills, effective writing exercises to develop useful techniques in writing and realistic creative writing to give an opportunity to express oneself. The course aims to develop the overall skills in the use of the English language. Especially it aims to:
- Revise and consolidate on what the students have already learned in their +2 or higher secondary course.
- Develop and extend their knowledge further;
- Develop their reading, listening and writing skills;
- Orient them towards creative writing;
- Polish students “problem areas” of English grammar;
- Develop their vocabulary skills; and
- Develop the knowledge and practice of functional language needed in different situations.
The method of teaching should be student-centered and activity oriented. Extensive use of audiovisuals and workbook should be made.
Module I ————————————————————————— 16 hours
- Desert Island
- Around the world
- That’s show business!
- Food and drink
- Crossing the Channel
Module II ————————————————————————– 16 hours
- Buildings and homes
- Put it in writing
- The third age
- It takes all sorts ………..communication
Module III ———————————————————————— 16 hours
- The English- speaking world
- Love Stories
- On business
- Here is the news
- Jones, Leo: Cambridge Advanced English, Cambridge: CUP
- Dictionary, Video, and Cassettes